The Lower Pasture

The Lower Pasture
Here's to sustaining all life's adventures!

Friday, August 16, 2013

Together again.....



It had been about 13 or so years since my sister and I traveled together. Though we are no longer in our early 20s and we needed earlier nights and a little more sleep....it was fabulous! Heather is one of those people that brings out my best and I always feel good with. It was a week of many firsts for my sister. First back pack, first 16 mile hike, first river walk, first time pooping in a bag and carrying it, first time tubing and greatest elevation gain while hiking!

Cedar Break National Monument....dodging the storm.

The top of Observation Point in Zion National Park.

We hiked the Narrows top to bottom with an overnight in the canyon. Did I mention first swim with a back pack? 

Bid Spring, Narrows



Another part of the Virgin River.....tubing!


And then there is the vacation from vacation....one night in a Vegas Resort, Heather's style! If my sister could comment here, she would say that that was the only true part of the week that was vacation:) I tried to fit in!

Photo: Vacation from vacation. Heather would say, 'a true vacation, recreating is not vacation'



No comments:

Post a Comment